Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7.1.2 and now have no Airplay icon

Hello,

i updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7.1.2 and now I have no icon for Airplay in the control panel (swipe up from bottom of iPad screen where the brightness controls are.)

I also updated my Apple TV to the latest software.

I Re-started the iPad and Apple tv.

My wi-fi is working, my Roku box is working, other devices are logged on and using the home wi-fi with no problems.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can get the Airplay icon back?

I am very frustrated that this happened on the most recent software update. (It seems to me.)

I liked it better when it "just worked."

I've spent more than 2 hours troubleshooting by reading the forums and web, but have found nothing that has worked.

Thanks for any help anyone has.

JULY 7, 2014

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 11:18 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:25 PM in response to Rain or Shine

My AirPlay icon is BACK!

This is what fixed it... Thanks to those that answered my post with suggestions!

i Unplugged the Apple TV. I left it unplugged.

i Unplugged my wifi router.

i Waited 5 minutes. (You probably don't have to wait that long.)

i powered on the wifi and let all the lights turn on. (Waited 5 mins., but you probably don't have to wait that long.)

I powered on the Apple TV...

Then I checked the iPad2 and the Airplay icon was back.

When I tried all this before I think I didn't wait long enough during the power down.

People say 30 seconds, so I would suggest doing that, although I did 5 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who patiently answered my question and encouraged resetting the wifi (even though other devices were working ok prior to the reset.)

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7.1.2 and now have no Airplay icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.