Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reviving an older iMac - Snow Leopard to Lion

I vaguely remember having to upgrade from SL to Lion before I could update to Mountain Lion. I paid for a Lion download but never got a receipt and it isn't in my downloads. Any advice? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 11:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2014 3:53 PM in response to drbV!LLE

Receipts from Apple are delivered via email. Not to your downloads folder.

If you want to upgrade to Mountain Lion v10.8, that requires purchasing from the Apple Store.

Before you do that, make sure your Mac meets v10.8 Mountain Lion requirements > Apple - OS X Mountain Lion - Read the technical specifications.

Mountain Lion is available for purchase here > Apple - OS X Mountain Lion - Read the technical specifications.

After you purchase Mountain Lion, you will receive an email from Apple (usually within 24 to 48 hours) with a redemption code you can use at the App Store to download Mountain Lion.

*** You may be able to upgrade directly from Lion to Mavericks without purchasing Mountain Lion. Mavericks is FREE.

Mavericks requirements > Apple - OS X Mavericks - Read the technical specifications.

Good user tip to read before upgrading to Mavericks > What you need for Mavericks, OS X 10.9 & Yosemite 10.10

Reviving an older iMac - Snow Leopard to Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.