Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external hard drive not being found after being ejected improperly

i have a external hard drive plugged into my mac pro 2013 model, its a Lacie 6TB split into two different partitions, i did not have it set up to RAID so nothing was copied over, i have all pictures and files for work on the partition thats not getting picked up anymore, i unhooked the power source to the external hard drive while the computer was on, little message popped up saying "improperly ejected", turned off computer and turned it back on and it will take a while to actually try and log in then says "You are unable to log in to the user account "**********" at this time. Logging into the account failed because an error occurred". Created another admin to log onto the computer and the drive with all my info is nowhere to be found, cannot find it in disk utility either, I've searched around and my only interest is to get all data recovered from drive, are there any other methods than taking it into a tech store and paying an absurd amount or am i stuck?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 12:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2014 12:46 PM in response to lllaass

yes it shows up, but only the empty partition (drive) that still works, connected through thunderbolt, i haven't tried a different computer yet, i did however check the enclosure by switching the working drive with the non working drive and that still gets picked up and the important drive is still no where to be found, just seems so strange that we are here in this age and a simple unhooking of wiring can break something

external hard drive not being found after being ejected improperly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.