Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone wont connect to any wifi at all

My iPhone 4s will not connect to any wifi network at all. My wifi doesn't show any available networks to even try and connect to, not even at my own house. It also doesn't show that I can use the airplay option. My wifi is turned on and nothing is greyed out, I just can't see a single network. And when I try to type in my network with the password it say unable to connect, but still doesn't show that I even have the option.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 12:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 7:21 AM in response to LadyT043

Hi Ladyt043,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there may be a Wi-Fi configuration issue on your iPhone or router. Take a look at the article linked below, it provides lots of great suggestions that should be able to help you resolve the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to locate a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks.Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.
  2. Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.
  3. If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.
  4. Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports3.
  5. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
    • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    • recently used Bluetooth accessories
    • VPN and APN settings

Cheers!

-Jason

My iPhone wont connect to any wifi at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.