Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X autosave?

Hi, and thank you for reading this. I've been working on a project all day when my 'bedtime' logout happened. It did the cube thingy, and now I've been left with a white screen with only the cursor still working. In my infinite wisdom I haven't saved this project at all, so I'm wondering if Logic Pro will have saved it at all. I'm running mavericks on an iMac from 2011. I'm kind of upset because this was a really promising project, and I've spent a good 4 hours on it today. What I want to know is would it be safe to power off the iMac? It's been like this for about 10 minutes. Thanks!

Dom

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:35 AM

Hi TheDom4224,

Logic should autosave your work, as you can see from this manual -

Logic Pro X User Guide

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1648/en_US/logic_pro_x_user_guide.p df

Specifically (from page 63) -

Autosave saves your work so that you don’t lose important changes if the application quits unexpectedly. The next time you reopen Logic Pro, a dialog appears from which you can choose to open the auto-saved version, or the last manually saved version of the project.

For information about managing projects using alternatives and backups, see Use project alternatives and backups. For information about saving projects, see Save projects.

Note that the “see Save projects” is a link to page 130.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I hope you are able to get your project going again.

Best,

Brett L

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 10:35 AM in response to TheDom4224

Hi TheDom4224,

Logic should autosave your work, as you can see from this manual -

Logic Pro X User Guide

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1648/en_US/logic_pro_x_user_guide.p df

Specifically (from page 63) -

Autosave saves your work so that you don’t lose important changes if the application quits unexpectedly. The next time you reopen Logic Pro, a dialog appears from which you can choose to open the auto-saved version, or the last manually saved version of the project.

For information about managing projects using alternatives and backups, see Use project alternatives and backups. For information about saving projects, see Save projects.

Note that the “see Save projects” is a link to page 130.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I hope you are able to get your project going again.

Best,

Brett L

Dec 1, 2014 4:48 PM in response to TheDom4224

Hi,

I recently opened up a Logic project after switching off the computer without saving it.

When I opened Logic it prompted me with a dialogue box asking whether I wanted to open the last saved version or the Autosaved version.

Stupidly I clicked on last saved version option and lost what I had recorded before switching the computer off.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reopen the project with the Autosaved version?

Cheers,

Lewis.

Oct 11, 2015 6:47 PM in response to Miliflewis

Hey Miliflewis,

Did you find a working solution to this problem? I did the same thing: my project crashed, but when I reopened, I neglected to select the "Auto-saved" choice- and went to an older project, so I've been unable to reopen the the version with all the work I've done. Clearly it's somewhere- but my "Revert to" options do not include my most recent work.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Paul

Logic Pro X autosave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.