Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Syncing iPhone to New Computer

I just recently updated my old computer to a new one and successfully updated my iTunes with music. I'm having some issues with Books (the epubs I imported showed for a short period of time and now no longer show up in the Books section, only on the device syncing option section) but my current main issue is with syncing my iPhone 5 to iTunes. I had to remove all the files so I could successfully sync it with my new computer but it is still showing 'audio' even when I choose not to allow any music to sync to it. I've attached a photo below showing the issue. I have no podcasts, movies, tv shows, etc... synced either. I would like to know how to remove the music currently on my phone so I can sync it properly with my new system. Currently it will not allow me to sync the playlists I want as it thinks there is not enough room. Thank you.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 1:14 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 10:18 AM in response to Miyvka

Hi Miyvka,

The issues you describe with your iPhone sound quite frustrating. Let’s see if we can get you where you want to go.

Often issues such as this can be resolved by restarting the iPhone. Follow the steps in this article to do that and see if it resolves your issue -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

You may have to erase and reset your iPhone back to factory settings. Follow the steps in this article -

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Note that this will require you to set up everything on your iPhone again. You should be able to restore it from a backup you make using iTunes prior to erasing.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Issues with Syncing iPhone to New Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.