Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud mail address question?

So I've tried to research the answer to this, but cannot get a straight answer.

So my Apple ID is XXX@outlook.com and My Icloud account is XXX@outlook.com (both are the same) but my icloud email address to send and receive emails at is YY@icloud.com (this was the same as an old email used as my apple id at the time that icloud was created)

Is there anyway that I can change the YYY@icloud email address or if not remove that email address linked to my icloud account log in email XX@outlook.com by creating a new icloud account with new @icloud email?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 1:39 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:51 AM in response to labaker_05

Hi labaker_05,

iCloud accounts using email addresses ending in iCloud.com cannot be changed. See this article -

Change your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

You can change your Apple ID to any address, except an address used by another Apple ID. You can change the address of any Apple ID, except an Apple ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.

Your YY@icloud.com email address is actually an Apple ID (and iCloud account) that is separate from the Apple ID and iCloud account using XXX@outlook.com.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

icloud mail address question?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.