Hiya. My wife had previously a Windows 8.1 laptop and its was so slow and complicated that we had to sell it. Now, i'm planning on buying her an iPad Air instead. These are the things i noticed what she was doing and what she would need from her "old" computer:
1. Photos - When we had our holiday in Paris we had about (say in this instance) 300+ photos stored in our camera's SD card; photos are saved at 8MP resolution in normal/auto mode. Now i understand there is an SD card adaptor for the Air. My concerns for this because of the 1GB RAM uploading might take a while. And also where will the photos be stored? Can she easily edit the photo before uploading them to Facebook or Flickr?
Does she have to go to the app first then upload photos thru there?
2. Documents - The bane of her life. She will be doing course work in the next 2 months which requires doing a long case study (essay). Now i understand there is MS Office for iPad. Can she create, edit, copy & paste (from one source to Word) documents as you would on a Windows computer? Is there any other good third-party or 1st-party Office/Word app that she can use that is user-friendly? And can she save those documents in .pdf or .doc format too?
3. My wife has an Android phone and he has Gmail and files on Google Drive. I'm aware there are Google apps on the App Store. But the concern here is can she upload for example a saved CV in .doc or .pdf format to Google Drive from the iPad Air?
4. I have a Macbook and sometimes i would like to send files from my Mac to her device for example a photo or .doc document. Can i transfer such files to her iPad via bluetooth or any other easier/faster way?
5. Wireless printing - There has been occasions that she wants to wirelessly print something to our wireless printer. Can she do that straight & on-the-fly via an app (or from within an app)? For example a train ticket or her CV.
Please advice. Thank you.