Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see wireless clients when connecting via WAN

When I use Airport Utility to connect to a Time Capsule remotely (via WAN), one of the things I need to do is see the wireless clients because I want to set port forwarding for one of them. However, I cannot find a way to list the wireless clients when accessing this way. In the regular Airport utility, you can single-click your local Time Capsule and it will bring up all the wireless clients - you can mouse over for details like IP address. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 3:25 PM

Are you using BTMM to connect to the TC or some other method?

If you are using direct IP connection, try using the v5.6 utility.. from windows even if you have no choice. It shows real info.. unlike the v6 utility which is toyland utility. It may not work with the latest AC airports though.

Otherwise you are completely blocked as apple has given you no other method to access it.

Login to a computer on the network and see if you can gather the info indirectly.. or keep a list with you of MAC addresses, computer names and fix the IP by dhcp reservations.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2014 3:25 PM in response to Matthew L. Smith

Are you using BTMM to connect to the TC or some other method?

If you are using direct IP connection, try using the v5.6 utility.. from windows even if you have no choice. It shows real info.. unlike the v6 utility which is toyland utility. It may not work with the latest AC airports though.

Otherwise you are completely blocked as apple has given you no other method to access it.

Login to a computer on the network and see if you can gather the info indirectly.. or keep a list with you of MAC addresses, computer names and fix the IP by dhcp reservations.

Jul 7, 2014 3:38 PM in response to LaPastenague

I have parallels running Windows XP for a few older pieces of software. I installed Airport Utility 5.5.3 on it, and was able to connect to the remote base station via direct IP. Then I was able to see the client information and even make the changes I needed. This is on the latest version of Time Capsule too! Thanks - I just wish the new version did this.

Cannot see wireless clients when connecting via WAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.