Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have OS X Version 10.3.9, what can I do to update this?

I want to keep this iMac, it was my Dad's.....who is now gone. I want to update the operating system because everything is very old. What is the newest version I can buy and will it work with my daughter's iPod?

1.8 GHz PowerPC G5

2 GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 3:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2014 3:27 PM in response to Bean35

I believe it's not possible, here are the system requirements: OS X Mavericks: System Requirements.You could try upgrading first to Leopard and then try to upload to Mavericks. Although yo may need to add RAM in order to run, if possible, smoothly Mavericks. As for working with your daughter ipod it depend as if you can install a modern iTunes version mostly

Jul 7, 2014 3:29 PM in response to Bean35

You can upgrade it to Leopard 10.5.8, but no further; that Mac OS X version can't be used to sync any device which runs iOS 7 or requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or iTunes 10.7 or newer in its system requirements. If desired, buy a retail Leopard DVD from a source such as Amazon or eBay.

(109167)

I have OS X Version 10.3.9, what can I do to update this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.