Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the cd burning software on my mac mini late 2009

I have a mac mini late 2009, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB memory 1067 MHz DDR3, upgraded to OS 10.8.5 and lately I am having trouble burning CDs and DVDs (after the upgrade). Error Message: "The disc can’t be burned because an unexpected error occurred (error code 0x8002006E)." Also I cannot find com.apple.finder.plist which I read that if I trashed it would help solve this problem. No rush, I also have an external Samsung disk reader/burner that I can use till I find out what my problem is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:57 PM

Could be the disc or the drive. Google this issue. It has been discussed before.

5 replies

Jul 8, 2014 2:03 PM in response to tbirdvet

I did a lot of research on Google, on Bing, on CNet, & on other blogs b4 posting this. I usually make this forum my last stop since most of the people responding here are so much better at this than I am. You probably are right that it is my disc drive. It's third party. I thought it might be a glitch with the burning software but my external Samsung "burner" works just fine at 4X burning speed. Thanks for your help.

Jul 8, 2014 2:08 PM in response to lllaass

I clicked on the two links you suggested. The second one I had been on before I came to this forum and that is when I discovered that I could not find the com.apple.finder.plist file in any "Library" on my hard drive. But as I responded to tbirdvet above, it may very well be that my disc drive is "toast" (pun intended). Thank you very much for all your help. I probably will use my external burner until I get enough money to get my "mini" evaluated and prepare for replacing the burner if it is recommended.

what is the cd burning software on my mac mini late 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.