Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore purchase

I have Garageband 10 on both my PowerMac and MacBook. I purchased the complete set of loops/drummers ($4.99) and successfully installed it on my PowerMac.

They will not, however, install on my MacBook. I've tried to 'Restore Purchase' - no luck. Tried in Safe Boot - no luck. It forces me to pay AGAIN.

I submitted to Apple Billing help, and got this response (obviously I already tried the suggestion below with no luck):

"usually, in apps are device specific. This means that they can only be downloaded to one computer or device. However, there are also in apps that can be installed on multiple computers. For your case, I encourage you to try downloading the set from within “Garageband” using the same iTunes Store account name you used for the original In-App Purchase. If you are unable to download it from there, I encourage you to contact the app support through this link: http://www.apple.com/support/garageband"

Is there any way to get my purchase installed on my MacBook without paying again?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 3:14 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2014 3:28 PM in response to orl770

They will not, however, install on my MacBook. I've tried to 'Restore Purchase' - no luck. Tried in Safe Boot - no luck. It forces me to pay AGAIN.

What exactly happens, when you try?

What is the error message you get, when you try to do "Restore Purchase" on your MacBook?

Did you install GarageBand 10.0 on the MacBook using the same AppleID as for the in-app purchase?

GarageBand 10.0 has to be accepted to the same AppleID as the in-app purchase, and you have to be in the same country as you were, when you installed GarageBand.

restore purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.