Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creation date vs exif date

I have discovered an interesting issue with Aperture and have a couple of hours of searching I can not find an answer.

I commonly work with multiple cameras doing both stills and video. I always make sure the clock on all cameras are set to exactly the same time.

There are two dates: creation date and camera date.

When I import into aperture, the exif date matches the camera date. BUT when I then export, the date created is the date/time I imported into Aperture rather than the EXIF timestamp which matches the camera timestamp.

When I export an 'original' the creation date matches the date that I did the export, but when I relocate a master still, the creation date matches the camera date. BUT when I do the same thing (relocate) for a video file, the creation date matches the import date, rather than the camera date.

This become a problem because I typically import video into Aperture, then relocate originals into a folder and then import into FCPX. Since the relocate original date created is the date/time of import rather than camera date, the files quickly become jumbled up.

Does anyone understand what I am trying to say and is there a fix?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 5:50 PM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2014 2:54 PM in response to e2photo

Additional test

I shot two video: one as MP4 and one as AVCHD. I imported the two videos into Aperture. The MP4 file has the correct date/time file creation date, but the AVCHD date/time file creation date of the date/time of import into Aperture. Does anyone know how to fix the AVCHD date/time file creation date issue?

This issue creates lots of problems particularly when using multiple cameras

creation date vs exif date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.