Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Windows icon on boot

Hi! I'm new to Mac and also my first language is Spanish so sorry for any grammar error...

What happened is that I installed Windows 8 using Bootcamp on my 13" Air, but I didn't like it, so I decided to erase it, found a tutorial and did it with Disk Utility, I erased the Bootcamp partition and dragged the Macintosh HD to recover the full space of the SSD.

Then I decided to install Windows 7 on it, I did it, everything great, but then, when I hit the option key, for my surprise I got 4 drives to choose between: Macintosh HD, Recovery, Windows and Windows, the first three ones perfectly normal, but the fourth one, when I enter to it it says something like your Windows need to be fixed and it is clearly the old Windows 8 I had installed. I don't know how in the world that's possible, cuz I deleted that entire partition.

So, how do I delete that Icon? I just one the three first ones.

Thank you for any help! I'm lost 😟

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:20 PM

9 replies

Jul 8, 2014 6:37 AM in response to sergiojavdiaz

Whatever you did last time didn't work - don't try that again!

Back up everything before you begin.

Bootcamp Assistant (in Applications/Utilities) will remove Windows partitions, however I expect in this state it will remove the Windows 7 partition. It may resolve the issue, but it will delete all the Windows data. Perhaps Bootcamp Assistant does something extra compared to deleting the partition by hand?

If it still has the multiple boot icons you will have to erase the HD completely and then restore your OS and user data.

Do you really want to erase & start over for this minor issue?

Jul 8, 2014 6:53 AM in response to sergiojavdiaz

so I decided to erase it, found a tutorial and did it with Disk Utility,

By removing the partition using Disk Utility you made the initial error. After that you can't correct it without following Drew's advice. Erase the disk and reinstall from scratch. But I might be tempted just to ignore it (unless there are more issues).

Where did you find a tutorial advising you to use Disk utility?

How to remove Windows icon on boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.