Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my pages document not syncing when I share it?

when I share a pages document through a link, after someone edits the document it doesn't update on my cloud.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:27 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 9:33 AM in response to Peter7777

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article linked below provides tips that should help resolve the issue that you described with the Pages document.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3991

Documents on iCloud.com are not updated when changes are made on my iOS device or Mac

Updates made on iOS devices

1. Your document or its changes may not yet have been uploaded to iCloud. Launch the application and find the document. An up arrow may be displayed in the upper-right corner of the document icon. After your iOS device connects to iCloud, the updated document appears at iCloud.com and the up arrow will no longer appear.
  2. Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and confirm that Use Cellular Data is turned on.
  3. Confirm that you're connected to the Internet by checking for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon in your device's status bar. Test your connection by opening apple.com in Safari.
  4. If you're trying to update a document from an iWork for iOS app (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote), check theiCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of iWork. For third party apps, check the documentation that came with the app, or check with the app developer to make sure the app supports iCloud. App Store application descriptions often indicate whether the app supports iCloud.

Updates made on your Mac

1. Check the iCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote.
  2. In the iCloud pane of System Preferences, confirm that you're signed in to iCloud and the Documents & Data checkbox is selected.
  3. Confirm that the document is in your iCloud Documents Library: Open the application for the document and choose File > Open. Make sure the iCloud icon on the upper-left side is selected. If your document does not appear in the list, navigate to your document in the Finder. Drag your document from the Finder window into the Open documents window. You should see a small cloud icon and "Waiting" appear under the document icon. When the document has been uploaded to iCloud, a date appears under the icon.

Note: Preview and TextEdit documents uploaded to your iCloud Documents Library on your Mac will not be visible on iCloud.com or an iOS device, and iCloud iWork documents saved to iCloud cannot be viewed in Preview or TextEdit.

Cheers!

-Jason

Jul 23, 2014 3:10 PM in response to Peter7777

Hi Peter,

Maybe your scenario is that someone else made a copy of your file. I don't own a iPad, but on my iPhone I'm unable to edit a shared file with someone else.

At least, the way with my iPhone is by using the original Pages app for my iPhone.

Maybe you can describe your scenario more precies?

I've checked and this scenario works for me:

• I uploaded a file from MacBook to iCloud
  • Shared it with someone else
  • That person edited the file on the web via iCloud Pages beta
  • I've looked for the file on my iPhone and it's synchronized.

But this is changed via the web, not via the iPhone/iPad.

Hopefully we can solve your problem.

Kind regards,

StaticDon

Why is my pages document not syncing when I share it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.