Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth: Not Available

I have just updated my MacBook Pro's OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 and now my bluetooth shows Not Available.

Any help or Comment?User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:22 PM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 9:49 AM in response to DonWolfe007

I have the same problem, also after updating. I've tried everything I've found on the web, including resetting the SMC and the PRAM, deleting the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file, removing USB devices after shutting down and having them off while restarting. Clearly this is a problem Apple created with the update, and hopefully it will be resolved soon. This reminds me why I always need a USB mouse and keyboard around. But if anyone finds a solution, I'm willing to try anything.

Jul 22, 2014 2:51 PM in response to JulianneM

Just to make things more confusing, my bluetooth is now working some of the time and not others. I haven't tried to figure out when it is working and when not (i.e. when the computer has been shut down recently, after sleep ...) but it seems fairly random. I've got my wired mouse and keyboard ready to go when needed, but it's pretty frustrating.

Aug 5, 2014 1:06 PM in response to DonWolfe007

I have tried all the solutions, and one morning it worked for half a day, and then, poof, Bluetooth was once again...gone. I am running parallels, and, hot diggity, the Bluetooth function works in the Windows side of the house, thus the problem has to be a Mac problem. I have read every solution out there so my conclusion is that Apple's developers overlooked some obscure combination we all must be finding. Too bad we cannot establish a commonality between all of us. Has anyone found a different solution from the ones related to the power vault, the NPRAM and the plsts? Someone also suggested ovlto trash the system's airport.plst as well. I also doesn't work for me, so if anyone has a magic bullet to cure the Bluetooth woes please share and be a hero. A big thanks ahead of time. By the way, I tried sharing and un-sharing the Bluetooth in the parallel desktop preferences, and even uninstalled it and nothing happened.

Oct 17, 2014 8:36 AM in response to NCG63

Same here.... late 2011 Intel iMac.

Worked fine for months after always updating to latest versions of OS X not long after they are released.

Turned iMac off for 4-5 days while I went on vacation about a week ago, and when I came back I was having this issue.

Also tried deleting preferences file, resetting PRAM, SMC reset, unplugging USB devices, and problem still exists.

Wondering if I actually have a hardware problem, or if upgrading to Yosemite will work?

Unhappy customer.

Bluetooth: Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.