Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express after airport extreme firmware update

Hmmm -- I'm a little confused. I was looking around airport utility and saw that there was 1 update. I performed the update, which was the firmware update for my airport extreme. We also have an airport express downstairs as an extender - and it always had a green light.

Since the firmware update, the airport express is stuck on blinking yellow. When I look at it thru my wifi menu - the airport express shows there (which is weird, because I don't think it showed up in the list preiviously) . I choose the airport express and get the message that This version of AirPort Utility doesn’t support this base station. Go to AirPort Service and Support for more information.

So - does this mean the airport express will not work wiht the newly updated with new firmware airport extreme? Do I need to buy a new express? Not sure when we purchased this one. Or --- should it be working with green light even though its "not supported by Airport Utility"? May be I shouldn't have updated the base station (airport extreme) and just left it alone. But since the express wasn't showing up either the wifi choices on top -- or within the network utility app -- was it even working? The light was always green...

we thought we had this set up as an extender all along, how can we get it back?

I am running OS x 10.9.4 - everything updated and current.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:35 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2014 6:37 AM in response to debbielynn

debbielynn wrote:

1084. it must be an older one. im going to try abd install utility 5.6.1 see what happens

Support for the original, 802.11b/g - only AirPort Express is gone in Mavericks.

Attempting to install an earlier version of AirPort Utility by modifying OS X to recognize it will result in unpredictable effects that may be difficult to diagnose and resolve without reinstalling OS X.

Airport express after airport extreme firmware update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.