Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows Bootcamp for Macbook

Okay so I have a 9,2 Macbook with hd4000 graphics and I recently upgraded to 16GB of ram (the motherboard supports it and works just fine in OS X) and now Windows is constantly blue screening when playing games. I was on windows 7 64bit and before the upgrade with 10gb of ram it ran flawlessly but after I upgraded anytime I play a game for more than 15 minutes it bluescreens or says intel display driver quit working and has fixed itself. I thought okay I'll just clean install 8.1, and I was able to play some games for a good 3 hours and then I taxed the GPU a bit where it got a bit hot and it bluescreened with the error kmode_exception_not_handled.

I'm running a disk check right now for corrupted files but it's a two day old clean install so I doubt it's that. I believe it's windows trying to assign the intel graphics more VRAM than what it accepts on OS X and is having the error. Gaming is fine on OS X with the same game and is having no problems with it only windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 6:28 PM

There are no replies.

Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows Bootcamp for Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.