Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sprint unlock required for International use, help required?

My friend sold me an iphone 5 that could be used as an ipod because it was locked on Sprint network.

I've been using it for quite a long time and I started reading through ways if any to unlock this iPhone to be used here in Pakistan.

So, I went through forums and I came to the conclusion that Sprint won't unlock the phone for domestic use but only for International use.

I was wondering if any of you buddies could help me get this unlocked to be used in Pakistan, would really be of a great help 🙂

if anyone has successfully unlocked their Sprint-locked phone to be used internationally please share your experience ..

P.S : I do not know who purchased the phone in the first place, I do not know if he had a standing position with sprint or whatever bills were yet to be paid.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 7:13 PM

14 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:33 PM in response to awaisthebest

No. All the previous posts have told you what you need to do.

Bottom Line: Contact either your friend who sold you the phone or contact Sprint. These are the only two things you can do or you will never be able to use this phone. You might just need to give up and buy a new phone from a legitimate source that is not a CDMA phone but is an unlocked GSM phone and then you can use it.

Jul 11, 2014 7:18 AM in response to awaisthebest

awaisthebest wrote:

The reason I asked for help again was if someone here might call up Sprint and ask them to unlock this phone for International Use only.

Calling Sprint won't hurt anyone, and I might get this phone activated.

You apparently failed to read the parts of posts where people indicated that the phone had to be active on someone's Sprint account. No one here is going to call Sprint (a possibly lengthy process), activate your phone on their account and get it unlocked. In addition to any security implications, it's called "fraud". Please stop asking.

Sprint unlock required for International use, help required?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.