Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi is greyed out on iphone 4s, can it be fixed by somehow using itunes or updating to IOS 7.1.2

I am currently on IOS 7.1. When I updated 3 months ago my data on iPhone stopped working but wireless was fine so I wasn't to bothered. Now randomly when IOS 7.1.2 was released but I haven't installed yet that same day my wireless went to poor signal when I was right near the broadband router thing and then wirless turned off and was greyed out. turned off and turned on about 6 times still nothing. Left it and woke up in morning turned on and wireless was working but poor signal for 10 minutes. Now its completely not working. Is there anyway that I can use IOS 7.1.2 to fix this or use iTunes like freeze mode (cant remember what its called)? I don't want to try the hair drier trick. HELP PLZ!!

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:13 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:21 PM in response to Elli-822

Just an update it is a hardware issue and very common for iPhone 4s. I have to get my phone rewired which basically means new wireless chip. The amount of money I spent on buying an iPhone I should not expect to have anyway hardware problems happening. Make sure you have a warranty as luckily I've saved myself from spending more money to get this problem fixed.

wifi is greyed out on iphone 4s, can it be fixed by somehow using itunes or updating to IOS 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.