Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my iCloud email address?

Hi,

I recently changed my Apple ID to my new email address as my old email address was hacked so I didn't want to use it as my apple ID. So:

1) Is there a way I can change my icloud email address from my old email address to my new one (the new one being the same as my current apple ID)?
2) Will changing my icloud email address result in me losing all the information (contacts, etc) on my iphone that is linked to the address I want to change? Or will it stay on my iphone, which then allows me to sync the information to a new icloud address (which will be my apple id and new email address)?

Any help would be much appreciated, thankyou.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 9:42 PM

7 replies

May 4, 2017 9:12 PM in response to Reevon6068

You won't lose anything because you aren't changing anything. What you are doing is getting a now invalid version of your iCloud ID signed out of your device. That version doesn't exist anymore - when you changed your Apple ID it automatically also became your iCloud ID.

They, essentially, are one in the same - just have different domain names, but they are intricately bound.

I just hope those instructions are still valid. Apple has a way of changing things around which then changes the procedure.

Cheers,

GB

Jul 7, 2014 10:11 PM in response to TCBeirne3

If you did simply change your existing Apple ID to a new one, and you want to remove the old Apple/iCloud account from your device, follow these instructions to remove the old iCloud account:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID, sign on with your current Apple ID and password, and EDIT your Apple ID back to the old email address. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud on your device and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Delete Account. Type in your current Apple ID password when asked, then follow the prompts to delete the old iCloud account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and sign on with the old ID and the current password. EDIT the Apple ID and change it back to the current Apple ID. You may need to verify it again

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign your current Apple ID and password into iCloud

Cheers,

GB

How to change my iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.