Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display filenames in Aperture's edit mode

Good Morning!

I just woke up from a bad dream where I was trying to edit my way through 305 wedding photographs. My mentor had patiently gone through each image on the phone (I had returned to the fray after an illness), pointing out (tactfully) that number 1698 needed lightening, 1725 needed starightening etc etc.

§§ may I say in parenthesis that MORE years ago, his suggestions would have made me feel very very bad because I was already tired after the wedding, and now several days futzing with P*******p loomed... §§

Any road up, my question: how to go through the pictures with my trusty adjustment HUD at my side {hours in the 21st century, not days! Heaven be praised!!} and have the file name visible for each image. I've got nothing against the hybrid view with the filmstrip at the bottom - hold on a minute! you're allowed to tell the truth on a forum surely?! - I have got something against the hybrid view! It gives too small an image size to work with, eg. straightening.

If anyone can help, I shall be even more grateful

Tired but Happy

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 10:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2014 11:18 PM in response to binger

You can step your images using the left/right arrow keys or swipe lector right on the track pad, if you are browsing in "Viewer only" mode and not in split mode.

If you want to see the filename or version name, enable metadata overlays for the Viewer. You can configure them from the browser & metadata over lays pop-up menu (the baggage label icon) below the viewer. Use the "edit" menu entry.

User uploaded file

display filenames in Aperture's edit mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.