Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there now SPAM in discussions?

The new setup for discussions seems to be vulnerable to spam postings. Are we a social network now?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 1:17 AM

I don't think it is any more susceptible than before, if anything in my opinion, a little less. As far as the forums becoming a social network are concerned, this has been raised recently and while no official comment has been made, as I read things, the forums appear to have been dumbed down to meet the needs of the burgeoning iPhone users. But that's just another viewpoint.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2014 1:17 AM in response to mahippos

I don't think it is any more susceptible than before, if anything in my opinion, a little less. As far as the forums becoming a social network are concerned, this has been raised recently and while no official comment has been made, as I read things, the forums appear to have been dumbed down to meet the needs of the burgeoning iPhone users. But that's just another viewpoint.

Why is there now SPAM in discussions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.