Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano shows up in itunes but wont turn on

hey guys, I have a nano (6th gen) and i lost it about a year ago. Found it a couple days ago and tried plugging it into my computer, the screen stayed black but after a while it showed up in itunes? I'm syncing it at the moment but the screen is still black, and its been plugged in for about an hour now. also when i try to do a reset while its plugged in, it comes up with an error saying that it wasnt ejected properly, even though i didnt unplug it from the computer. Any advice? thanks 🙂

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 1:11 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 7:49 AM in response to 9white5

Hello 9white5,

It sounds like you are able to sync your iPod Nano and reset it, but the screen will not show anything and remains black. When you reset the iPod while connected, it is essentially forcing a restart of the device so when you do this the ejection error you receive is normal because the device turns off temporarily. I would next try restoring the device with iTunes to see if that gets the screen going again:

Restoring iPod to factory settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1339

If the issue persists then it seems your iPod will need service which you can acquire with this link:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Ipod nano shows up in itunes but wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.