Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the flaw of the Macbook Retina's display marking still persisting?

As far as I've been made aware of, I'm unsure if Apple has resolved this flaw or not. I'm waiting for my MBP Retina 13 to ship over to the UK and when I was researching about the Retina, some of the Macbooks get these marks from the keyboard onto their display and some become permanent. Has it been fixed as of 2014?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 10:28 AM

I cannot give you a definitive answer but this has been an occasional issue with older MBPs, even prior the unibodies. I suggest that you insert a fine microfiber cloth over the keyboard when closing the MBP.

Ciao.

10 replies

Jul 9, 2014 2:43 AM in response to Digimutant

I can only report my experience and what I have been told by sources that I trust. This does not mean that there are users who have had no problems in this area with their MBPs. If there are doubts in your mind regarding the possibility of damage to the display, I still believe that inserting a fine microfiber cloth over the key board is a solution.

Ciao.

Mar 12, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Digimutant

Too late for me to find out about this potential problem. I now have a indentation into my retina display on my Macbook Pro just off centre, slightly high and to the left. At first I assumed it was a lump of dirt and cleaned it very hard only then to find out the mark went inwards and damage to the display. I have always take extreme care of my all my MacBooks dating back many years and have never experienced such damage to a screen. This present Macbook Pro was only purchased back in June last year so I am very unhappy, especially as it is permanently in my sight of vision! If I knew about this I would definitely recommend protecting the screen when closing the lid.

Jul 29, 2015 5:02 AM in response to NeverHelpedByApple

I now have stains on the perimeter of Macbook Pro display and have just spoken to Apple support, but they still are not owning the problem. I will keep pushing them as too expensive to repair and clearly their responsability. I have owned a Macintosh since the early 1990s plus PowerBooks and now MacBooks. Never have I had any issue like this and I only use huff and a cloth to clean my screens. Keep pushing everyone!

Is the flaw of the Macbook Retina's display marking still persisting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.