Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook maximum charge is going down!

This might sound like i haven't read the battery info apple supplies, I have, What happens is, I have 8 cycles right? When I play games like League Of Legends, I keep it plugged in to stop cycles.. yet the maximum charge still goes down. I am looking in my battery info and every time i look it shoots down by 10. Please help? I don't know what to do. i have a macbook pro mid 2012 OS X 10.9.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 8:13 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2014 6:04 PM in response to SauceTrays

Calibration is not necessary and is only a temporary fix for your model. Read this directly from Apple regarding calibration:

Portables with built-in batteries

Current Apple portable computer batteries are pre-calibrated and do not require the calibration procedure outlined in this article. These computers use batteries that shouldbe replaced only by an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

MacBook

MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009) and later

MacBook Air

MacBook Air (all models)

MacBook Pro

• MacBook Pro with Retina display (all models)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) and later
  • MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009) and later
  • MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2009) and later

Read the full article here: Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

My MacBook maximum charge is going down!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.