Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best way to scan from office jet pro 8600 to mac pro and attach to email

What is the best way to scan from an officejet pro 8600 printer to a mac pro desktop, attach and scan?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:03 AM

3 replies

Jul 21, 2014 4:38 PM in response to Brad1645

dunno if you can do it directly, but, assuming the drivers are up-to-date, use Image Capture*, which should get you a scan, then save it, then when sending the email, click on the paperclip, and choose whatever it was that you scanned, wherever you saved it....

and then send it.

JB

*Preview might work, but I don't recall 100% if it does...

don't recall seeing anything that'd let you scan something in, then have it go directly to email and send it out, one-step

Aug 1, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Johnb-one

I have scanned before successfully using my HP8600 scanner printer wireless connection to my macbook air, but today it says on printer/scanner " preparing to scan" then computer is in use and OCR application is not installed on computer ( even though its scanned OK before)? I then go to computer System prefs, Printers/scanners and click 'scan' and open scanner and icon appears with options including word 'scan' in faded and won't click.

In the past I've jiggled around with mac and scanner fires into life, was never sure why ! but it worked and scanner requested any more pages and it worked OK , then.

Any help welcome

David d

best way to scan from office jet pro 8600 to mac pro and attach to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.