Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I connect to FACEBOOK?

Hi! Recently, am having problems connecting to the Facebook website using my laptop. A prompt shows that Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server of facebook. So I tried opening a different website, and it did. I was able to browse and open a different website.

So I tried using a different MAC on the same location but this time I was able to connect to facebook. After that I tried clearing the history, as I intend to restore the default settings. Unfortunately, I am still not connecting to the facebook website.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:52 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2014 12:15 PM in response to COCOJAM

Make sure your OS X software is up to date.

Click the Apple  top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click Software Update.

OR, go to the App Store then select Updates at the top of the App Store window.

Then follow the instructions.

If your software is already up to date, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Why can't I connect to FACEBOOK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.