Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule second Modem connection problem.

I bought my new 2TB Time Capsule, and when I set it up for the first time at my office it worked as it was designed to. But Later I got my time capsule to my home and I am trying to connect it to my home Modem and wifi, The amber light is flashing and I am not able to connect to my Time capsule. I have no idea what to do.

Is there any one Who have a solution for this problem, when connecting to the second modem my Time capsule is not working.

I need help to solve this problem, I want to use the Time capsule at home as well as at office.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:49 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2014 3:40 PM in response to Sajose23

This will be next to impossible.. the TC will need a full factory reset to work in your home setup.. It simply remembers too much of the office setup to work in the home. The TC is not made to be transported.. it is a network router.

If you want to use it purely as a backup.. then I recommend you use an apple router like airport extreme at both your work and home location.. then you can use the TC as a simple plug in device.. bridged with no other functionality. It is very expensive though for this job.. an external USB drive plugged into your computer will be faster, cheaper and more reliable.

Time Capsule second Modem connection problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.