Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple ID on pc, and logged into app store with new ID but cannot change iCloud ID to new ID on iphone! Please help

I have deleted all apps downloaded under old apple ID, I have logged into app store on phone and through iTunes with new login just fine.

I am not able to delete old icloud account from iphone as it is asking for the password for the old apple ID. That password and the ID has been changed.

Please help!!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:26 PM

5 replies

Jul 8, 2014 1:54 PM in response to lovelylou

To change the iCloud ID you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password for the old ID when prompted to turn off Find My iDevice, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. When you do this you may find that the password for your old ID isn't accepted. If this should happen, and if your old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, you need to temporarily recreate your old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Jul 9, 2014 7:45 AM in response to randers4

I do not have access to my old email address. I have changed internet service providers and they have turned off my access to my emails. I have added my old email address as an alternate email but unable to change primary ID / email address as I get this message This email address is not available for use as an Apple ID. You may already have an Apple ID associated with this address. Please try again or sign in using your existing Apple ID. - Is there any other way around this?

Jul 9, 2014 8:09 AM in response to lovelylou

Have you ever added the old email address to a different Apple ID? (An email address can only be associated with one Apple ID at a time.) The approach outlined above only works if the old address was previously associated with your current ID and is not currently associated with another ID. If that's not the case in your situation, you'll need to contact Apple for assistance resetting the password for the old ID so you can provide it when you delete the old account. You can reach them by going to https://expresslane.apple.com, then click See all products and services>More Products and Services>Apple ID>Other Apple ID Topics>Lost or forgotten Apple ID password.

Jul 9, 2014 1:45 PM in response to randers4

I have only used my old email address as my original Apple ID. I just changed it because I changed internet service providers and they shut off my access to that email address.

When I try to go the route you suggested, See all products and services>More Products and Services>Apple ID>Other Apple ID Topics>Lost or forgotten Apple ID password - it takes me a page to contact apple support.

Is there any way to remove the old Apple ID (old email address) from the Icloud account on my iphone?

Jul 9, 2014 1:50 PM in response to lovelylou

lovelylou wrote:

Is there any way to remove the old Apple ID (old email address) from the Icloud account on my iphone?

Only by deleting the account, which will continue to prompt your for the password for the old ID before it will delete the account (part of iOS 7 security measures). In your case, recreating the old ID from your current ID so you can use your current password at this prompt is not working. Given that, the only option is to reset the password for the old ID so you can provide it when prompted. Since you don't have access to your old email account, you'll have to seek Apple's help doing this as posted earlier. Since this is related to your Apple ID the call should be free of charge.

Changed Apple ID on pc, and logged into app store with new ID but cannot change iCloud ID to new ID on iphone! Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.