Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut *** Mystery

Final Cut Pro is making bad Mpeg2's through Compressor.

When I export my timeline through Compressor, I get a black screen for video and zero sound. Also, once Compressor finishes converting, the FCP project closes.

I've made several attempts at this including opening new projects and converting a scene at a time. Sometimes I get picture, sometimes I get a black screen, but I never get sound.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:36 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2014 1:49 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

Michael,

First, thanks for answering, I appreciate all the help I can get.

I've tried the export to quicktime, then drop in Compressor route. I got mixed results regarding picture, but still zero sound.

I shot this video with an HVX200, practically tailored to FCP. I've been shooting with this camera for 7 years and never had a problem. I've cut a hundred films, literally, and never had this issue.

To get sound I made a quicktime, then exported the audio via Mpeg Streamclip. I tried to export video but no dice.

I just tried to convert a scene and got picture but no sound again. I'll have to go scene by scene and piece the thing together in DVDSP.

codecs in my time line are all .mov. Everything renders out fine, the time line plays fine. It's just baffling.

Also, the project closes, unsaved, once Compressor finishes it's conversion. Frustrating as the project is large and takes a bit to open.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Final Cut *** Mystery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.