Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading iPhoto onto MacMini running Mavericks

Just updated MacMini to Mavericks. The Mini did not have iPhoto so I tried to download thru the Mac AppStore. The button says 'Accept'. When I click it nothing happens. What now?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 1:15 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2014 2:03 PM in response to wizardly

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried until the problem is resolved.

Step 1

Follow the directions in this support article.

Step 2

Associate your Apple ID with your user account. Then sign in to the App Store with the same ID.

Step 3

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/adoption.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder may open with a file named "adoption.plist" selected. If it does, move the file to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Log out, log back in, and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 4

Contact Mac App Store Customer Service.

Jul 8, 2014 2:25 PM in response to Old Toad

This is a friend's Mac Mini - 2010. No iPhoto on it. Just Image Capture. It was running 10.7.5. Installed Mavericks. Just got her an Apple ID a few days ago. Went to App Store to download iPhoto and like I said the button says 'Accept'. I've seen other people lo the forums with this problem.

Digital Trends had a workaround but after downloading it it appears to be an upgrade .dmg

How to get iPhoto working again in Mavericks

Some that have upgraded to Mavericks indicate that they can’t open iPhoto after the install is done. They also say that they’re unable to update the software from Mavericks, leaving them completely stuck in a bind.

Fortunately, there’s a simple fix. All you need to do is hit up this link, where you can download and install iPhoto 9.4.3.

Loading iPhoto onto MacMini running Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.