Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 5S only connect in certain places?

I had my iPhone 5S Gold for about 3 months now. Prior to two days ago, July 6, i had no problems with wifi in my room. Yes, it was quite slow sometimes, but never unbearable. But starting from the 6th, wifi just stopped working completely in my bedroom only. I live in a one story house, so i didn't think i could be THAT far from the router but maybe that's the issue. It works perfectly when I sit in the living room which is right near the router. Also, even if I try turning on my LTE in my bedroom after being fed up with the wifi, it only connects to 1x, or 3G which are both very iffy and sometimes even the 3G doesn't work. It rarely connects to LTE in my room anymore. However, my Microsoft Laptop in my room is working fine. Does anyone have any solutions? I tried turning off my phone and turning it back on, switching off the wifi and trying to reconnect (many times my network wasn't even available anymore), forgetting the network, and things like that but still it doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution? By the way, I'm a teen girl who knows next to nothing about anything relating to technology, so if you think there's a problem with the router please explain it simply. (I'm also not sure if I take it into the Apple Store they would replace it, because my wifi still connects when you're near a strong connection but when i'm in my room it doesn't connect) Thanks

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:40 PM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2014 11:09 PM in response to JihyunP

Do you have a strong connection near your room? I find it troublesome if you trying to connect to a wifi which only one bar the chances of connecting to it is hard. You either get connected or really slow internet. Attempt to get closer and try connect and then go to your room.

You might see a bar drops when you close your room door too😮

Jul 10, 2014 12:30 PM in response to Mac.Dee

I actually don't have a strong connection near my room. I've tried going right near the router and it's a full 3 bars, and once i get a bit away from it, it inistantly drops to 1 bar of wifi. I think it might be a problem with my phone and not the wifi. I'm not sure if apple will replace it for this though, although it does seem like an actual Phone malfunction and not my wifi.

Why does my iPhone 5S only connect in certain places?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.