Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My i phone Charger just exploded - this is the second one in 2 months ?

My i phone Charger exploded whilst plugged into my ipad, this is the second time . Two onths ago another chager exploded whilst charging my iphone ?

Am I unlucky or is there a product fault ?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 2:20 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2014 5:35 PM in response to Nshapton

Nshapton wrote:

My i phone Charger exploded whilst plugged into my ipad, this is the second time . Two onths ago another chager exploded whilst charging my iphone ?

Am I unlucky or is there a product fault ?

What are you calling a "charger"? The thing that plugs into the wall, or the cable from that thing to the phone? Assuming its the thing that plugs into the wall, are you sure it was an Apple "thing", either that came with a new phone, or that was purchased at an Apple store. There are lots of counterfeit "things" that look exactly like real Apple products.

My i phone Charger just exploded - this is the second one in 2 months ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.