Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes and Iphone sync issues

Hi There,

So I have a slight problem and would be grateful if someone would shed some light as to how I can overcome this.

I have an iPhone 5 and iTunes for windows, however, I have not downloaded the current software for the iPhone 5 as I do no have any storage space for it. I have recently tried to update my iPhone's music playlist but the playlist I want to sync is not, however, my old music and playlists keep syncing instead, and it keeps adding albums.In my new playlist I have approx 200ish songs whereas my iTunes is syncing over 700ish (and I've made sure I have not clicked and synced my library- my library has over 1000 so not sure where its syncing 700) I have tried several times to fix this by;

switching off phone

closing iTunes and opening it again

creating a different playlist and re-syncing music

de-selecting albums and artists manually

de-selecting all music then syncing

created a different playlist

and none of the above have worked at all 😟

It would be much appreciated if anyone has any advice or guidance as to how I can fix this, as I have new music I want to listen to, and with this new music I'll have more storage space!

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 1:39 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:11 AM in response to R@chel

Hi R@chel,

It sounds as if you are having difficulty making sure your iPhone only gets the music you want. In order to do this, you need to manually manage the data that gets synced to your iPhone. This article explains how to do so -

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Specifically -

Hi R@chel,

It sounds as if you are having difficulty making sure your iPhone only gets the music you want. In order to do this, you need to manually manage the data that gets synced to your iPhone. This article explains how to do so -

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Specifically -

Syncing manually

If you prefer not to automatically sync content to your device, you can set up manual syncing:

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Click the Devices button in the upper-right corner. (If you're viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner. The Devices button will appear.)
  3. In the main iTunes browser window, select the Summary tab.
  4. Select the option to Manually manage music and videos or Manually manage music. This will deselect the automatic sync settings for the Music, Movies, and TV Shows tabs.
  5. Click Apply.

And -

After following the steps above, you can add individual songs, videos, and playlists from iTunes to your device. To add content to your device:

1. Select your device.
  2. Click On this Device.
  3. Choose Add to in the upper-right corner. If you drag a song, video, TV show, or movie while viewing the media in your iTunes library, a sidebar will show up on the right. You can drag your content onto the device. You can also create and modify playlists directly on the device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Jul 11, 2014 12:25 AM in response to R@chel

Hey man i am also suffering from the same isue...
i tried after deleting my entire songs and photos from library and local drive in PC, but after synching it reappears again....
tried it with a new laptop by making a fresh installed itunes and empty libraries...
after synching with empty library i just got wondered that----Nothing is gone, everything remains same as my old library collectoin..
How is it possible..???????

Itunes and Iphone sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.