Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent experience with rubber feet coming off?

The top left rubber foot of my MBP bought in July 2011 has come off. My Apple Care expires today (grr) and my local store closes in 10 minutes, so there's no way I'll make it there. I've seen some past threads about this issue, but most are from 2011 or earlier, when rubber feet weren't sold separately.

So, what are my options? Most of the stuff I've read seems to recommend changing the whole bottom case. I'm hoping that's not necessary in my case - only the exterior part of the contraption has come off. Can I just buy a new rubber foot and stick only the exterior part back on where the old one was? Is there a way to stick the old foot back on (I still have it, but am hesitant to use another type of glue in case it damages the computer)? Any other options I'm missing? I've already had to pay for a new battery and cable that weren't covered by the Apple Care, so I'm hoping to avoid any additional fees!

Thanks for reading!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 1:56 PM

1 reply

Recent experience with rubber feet coming off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.