Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with iPhoto on my iMac. Under the view site, I am unable to get to the photo size function. It is grayed out

Under the view designation in iPhoto, the photo pane and photo size options are grayed out. How can I get them turned back on so I can modify the size of small old photo I have scanned in.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 2:44 PM

There is no way to resize a photo in iPhoto, what exactly are you hoping to do?

6 replies

Jul 8, 2014 4:35 PM in response to mchaprn

There is no way to increase the size of a photo image once it's been scanned/taken. If you want larger images from a scanned image scan it at a higher resolution, dpi.

Additionally, with the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what do you mean by "view designation"?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Jul 9, 2014 3:07 PM in response to Old Toad

This problem has been occurring all along. I am using OSX 10.9.4 with 9.5.1 iPhoto. I have no fancy systems. I am just scanning old b/w family photos some of which are 3/3 and some are smaller. I would like to make them larger so I can share viewable size pictures with family members.

thanks much for all the help.

I have a problem with iPhoto on my iMac. Under the view site, I am unable to get to the photo size function. It is grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.