Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my phone iphone 5s die so quickly?!

my iphone 5s is constantly dying! In the morning when i leave the house i now have to turn it off because the battery is so bad! i can only use it when i really need to and it still dead by the end of the day!! it also takes so long to charge! and when it is fully dead it takes at least 30 minutes to come back on!😟

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 2:17 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 12:23 PM in response to millidodd

You must note that the iPhone (or any other phone) uses a Lithium Ion battery that will often show that a device has a much greater percentage of power than actually in the cell. Try charging your phone for a large amount of time to insure it is still working and then test it. To keep your battery in top condition you should charge it to 60-80% and not run it flat as this can damage to battery (unlike what your told as this is for lead acid batteries, the old type).

why does my phone iphone 5s die so quickly?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.