Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks Server Log Question

Does anyone know how to correct these errors in the log. I know it has to do something with LDAP but I'm not using LDAP right now. Not sure what's going on with the WebKit.Networking. I've tried to google and couldn't find much.

my server name has been replaced with "myservername"

LDAP

Jul 8 15:54:01 myservername PasswordService[36153]: -[PasswordServerPrefsObject getSearchBase]: Unable to locate search base: -1 Can't contact LDAP server

Jul 8 15:54:01 myservername PasswordService[36153]: -[PasswordServerPrefsObject saveXMLData]: ldap_modify_ext_s of the passwordserver config record's plist attribute: -1 Can't contact LDAP server

Jul 8 15:56:11 myservername PasswordService[36153]: int pwsf_GetPublicKey(char *): ldap_search_ext_s cn=authdata for Public Key returned -1

Jul 8 15:56:11 ns1 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.PasswordService[36153]): Exited with code: 1

Jul 8 15:56:11 myservername PasswordService[36294]: -[PasswordServerPrefsObject getSearchBase]: Unable to locate search base: -1 Can't contact LDAP server

Webkit

Jul 8 13:16:46 myservernamecom.apple.WebKit.Networking[25948]: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 20 connectx to 2600:1402:a:184::720#80 failed: 65 - No route to host

Jul 8 13:16:46 myservername com.apple.WebKit.Networking[25948]: tcp_connection_destination_prepare_complete 18 connectx to 2600:1402:a:184::720#80 failed: 65 - No route to host

Jul 8 13:16:46 myservername com.apple.WebKit.Networking[25948]: tcp_connection_handle_destination_prepare_complete 13 failed to connect

Jul 8 13:16:46 myservername com.apple.WebKit.Networking[25948]: tcp_connection_handle_destination_prepare_complete 14 failed to connect

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 3:28 PM

8 replies

Jul 12, 2014 10:44 AM in response to crittle100

Properly-configured and functional DNS services are critical for proper operations of distributed authentication and network encryption; for Open Directory and various other OS X Server components.

Please verify local DNS on the server. Launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities, and issue the following harmless diagnostic command:

sudo changeip -checkhostname

You'll have to enter an administrative password for the sudo, might get a one-time message around the use of sudo, then some configuration information will display, and then an indication that no changes are required, or that there are issues with the network or DNS configuration.

Jul 17, 2014 5:03 AM in response to crittle100

It ended up being a corrupt LDAP database. I couldn't turn on Open Directory. Since I wasn't using LDAP, I didn't think to look.

I followed instructions here, using neocodesoftware's response ( but was still getting a database error in the terminal instead of success. )

Mac OS Server Open Directory Will Not Turn On

I found this link and followed this and the above errors stopped. I had to force shut down the system awhile back so I assume that it corrupted things.

http://rickcogley.blogspot.com/2009/10/corrupt-apple-leopard-server-open.html

Mavericks Server Log Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.