Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Licensing and Installing apps on multiple company computers

I keep running into this situation, but have yet to hear any good solution. Apps/programs available in the online store seem to be designed around a user-owner paradigm that isn't very helpful in a company situation.

Our company has multiple Macs, and we are called upon to install software that's available online-only (such as Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Compressor) for more than one user/computer at a time. We do not want these licenses tied to personal Apple ID's, however, and would prefer to keep them under a company-held ID. If we purchase an app normally, however, we can only buy it once, then it shows as purchased. Even when we've gone through hoops to secure multiple licenses, we've only been able to activate one per Apple ID.

We would like to be in compliance with license agreements and have one copy/license per user/computer, but how are we supposed to do that when using one central Apple ID to manage these installations?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Apple has a well-established corporate support program with corporate licensing. I suggest you get in touch with them for assistance.

4 replies

Jul 9, 2014 3:11 PM in response to Dah•veed

I appreciate the replies. We have set up a VPP account and are just getting accustomed to that.

At the moment, it appears that doesn't immediately change our situation. Until we have a Mac to centrally run Apple Configurator or another mobile device management solution, our only option seems to be to redeem codes in a manner that binds them to an existing Apple ID.

Still this is a step in the right direction, and it looks like we can get to where we want to be with some additional assets.

Licensing and Installing apps on multiple company computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.