Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Generation Apple TV (10 months old) Doesn't Work!

Apple TV (3rd generation) less than a year old... not able to watch ANYTHING. No home Library content, no internet channel content - all I get is the spinning wheel. As for "restoring"... That's pointless because my screen has read "Downloading the latest update" but shows no progress in the progress bar for the last 15 minutes. Am I angry? **** right I am angry. Have I looked for answers given to others having a similar problem? Yes, and they all say "Restore your ATV." I think it's clear where that has gotten me - staring at a screen that says it's doing something when it's not. This black box isn't even a year old. What's up with this, Apple?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 7:42 PM

FYI: This is a user forum, you are not addressing Apple.

Have you done any troubleshooting in regards to the network?

If you haven't, in order to help rule out wifi issues the best thing is to try connecting with ethernet.

Reboot all components, and make sure router is up to date.

You can also get a report of the network via stumbler (Mac) or netstumbler (PC) to see signal strength and any noise detected.

In terms of a restore, is this being done on the device itself or via iTunes?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2014 7:42 PM in response to edsass

FYI: This is a user forum, you are not addressing Apple.

Have you done any troubleshooting in regards to the network?

If you haven't, in order to help rule out wifi issues the best thing is to try connecting with ethernet.

Reboot all components, and make sure router is up to date.

You can also get a report of the network via stumbler (Mac) or netstumbler (PC) to see signal strength and any noise detected.

In terms of a restore, is this being done on the device itself or via iTunes?

Jul 10, 2014 2:41 AM in response to vazandrew

Yes, I know it's a user forum. The "Apple" question was rhetorical (but this forum is hosted by Apple).

My ATV is connected via ethernet. All comopnents have been rebooted and as far as I can tell, my router is up to date.

As for the restore, I have been attempting it through the device itself. I have never done anything of that sort, updates, etc., through iTunes.

But I am doing the microUSB restore. Let's see if that works.

3rd Generation Apple TV (10 months old) Doesn't Work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.