Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Maps" app

MY "Maps" app on my iPad2 is accessing addresses in my emails. How do I disable this?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 6:51 PM

12 replies

Jul 9, 2014 10:12 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Yup, I know about that. Just saying that there seem to be some suggested destinations that appear to only be explained if Maps is pulling address from emails. I could well be wrong. But, it's my current theory.

Your current theory is good enough for me. I may have never known this. I will keep an eye on this now as well.

I think that I have used the Apple Maps app two or three times - and I do have an iPhone. I have a Magellan and a Garmin with much larger screens that serve my purposes better than the iPhone can. Because I have been using it for much longer, and I feel like I'm more familiar with it, I prefer using Google maps on the iPad....<he said while running away and looking over his shoulder> 🙂

Jul 9, 2014 5:56 PM in response to Phil0124

Yes, a friend mentions a restaurant in NYC in an email....it pops up in "Maps". I get an email mentioning the Hyatt in Philadelphia and that pops up. this is my 3rd iPhone in 4 years and i noticed it after an update a few months ago And can't seem to disable it. Verrrrry annoying, sorry Apple but I don't want you pulling addresses out of my emails.

"Maps" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.