Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Video quality Sync?

Earlier today while I was trying to update my Iphone. It complained not enough space. So I figured that I would just change the quality of some of my videos, I have a ton in 1080p. I am trying to find out does Itunes automatically sync in SD or something. If not is there a way for me to change a setting so my 1080p videos get synced at a much lower quality?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:55 AM

Hey nttllng,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you wish to download lower resolution copies of your purchased movies. The following resource outlines how to do so:

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Download previously purchased content in a lower resolution

[…]

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free here.

2. Open iTunes on your computer.

3. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.

4. Navigate to your Purchased page. Find it by clicking Movies or TV Shows from the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, and then click Purchased from "QUICK LINKS" in the iTunes Store.

5. Choose the appropriate video type: Movies or TV Shows.

6. In the lower-right corner of the screen, deselect the box next to "Download HD When Available."

7. Search for the desired video and click the download button.

8. This should download the standard definition version to your computer so you can sync to your device.

Thanks,

Matt M.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 7:55 AM in response to nttllng

Hey nttllng,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you wish to download lower resolution copies of your purchased movies. The following resource outlines how to do so:

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Download previously purchased content in a lower resolution

[…]

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free here.

2. Open iTunes on your computer.

3. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.

4. Navigate to your Purchased page. Find it by clicking Movies or TV Shows from the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, and then click Purchased from "QUICK LINKS" in the iTunes Store.

5. Choose the appropriate video type: Movies or TV Shows.

6. In the lower-right corner of the screen, deselect the box next to "Download HD When Available."

7. Search for the desired video and click the download button.

8. This should download the standard definition version to your computer so you can sync to your device.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jul 11, 2014 8:35 AM in response to matt00

Close, but not what I am asking. I have videos I have bought and downloaded elsewhere. What I am trying to accomplish is change the quality at which those videos sync to my iPhone. For example I want a video that is normal 1080p to be synced at 480p in order for it to have a smaller file size on my device.

Changing Video quality Sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.