Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multitasking

Hey, guys.

My question it's about Multitasking option in the iPhone 5c: Is there any risk to suffer any kind of malfunction with the apps after I close them?
I'm not pretty sure of close them because I read the iPhone user guide an it says: If an app isn’t working properly, you can force it to quit. Drag the app up from the multitasking display. Then try opening the app again.

Right now I have seven applications open, more or less, and I'm worried if I keep the open my iPhone could be losing effectiveness or quickness. And, as I say, worried about the risk to suffer a malfunction by apps.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 6:53 PM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2014 7:02 PM in response to AlfonsofromMexico

When apps are in the background/multitask, they are suspended (not running).Meaning if you see your home screen and all the app icons, then all your apps are in the background suspended mode. If you see an app running in front, it is actually running. If you keep on closing and opening a frequent app, it decreases battery because the app will have to load up and start again. Once you have apps backgrounded, you can quickly launch them because they are loaded up to start whenever you click on them again. Some apps do crash if they encounter an error and usually you can report that to developer of the app so they can improve it and make it more reliable.

Multitasking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.