Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro vs. White Macbook

So I got my 13 inch Macbook Pro in 2010, however, my computer has had several problems over the years and I've taken it to the apple store numerous times. I want to get a new computer and I was debating whether to get a new Macbook Pro or go with the regular white one. I like the regular one because it's cheaper and easier to carry around, although I'm used to the Macbook Pro and I've heard it's more efficient. I'm not a very technical person, so I mainly use the computer for college stuff and to surf the internet and I wanted to get the computer that usually has the least amount of technical problems (I'll be away at college in a small town so I can't afford to keep going to the apple store in the city). Which one should I go with? The Macbook Pro or the regular white one?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 6:36 PM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2014 6:41 PM in response to thetamingofthewho

i am not sure what you are looking at, there are the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air currently available. The MacBook Pro comes with the standard display only in the 13" model while the MacBook Pro Retina comes in 13" and 15" display sizes.

The Air is a very thin and very light weight version of the MacBook Pro.

Perhaps the best starting point would be a visit to an Apple store where you can spend some time with all of the different models, try the sizes, weights, and see which seems to fit your needs the best. Then look at options such as memory and storage capacity to get exactly what you want.

Jul 10, 2014 1:04 PM in response to thetamingofthewho

thetamingofthewho,

since you have OS X 10.9.4, you can try this: boot your MacBook Pro into Recovery mode by holding down a Command key and the R key as it starts up. Once the OS X Utilities menu appears, select Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window, select your internal disk’s boot partition (typically called “Macintosh HD”). On the right-hand side, select the First Aid tab if it’s not already selected, then press the Verify Disk button if it’s not greyed out; if it is greyed out, or if it reports that errors were found, press the Repair Disk button. Once the verification/repair is completed, exit Disk Utility and select Restart from the Apple menu to restart in normal mode. Once you’ve logged in and started your usual tasks, does it still randomly shut off?

Macbook Pro vs. White Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.