Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover an accidentally deleted file?

iMac with Maverick and using Numbers. If I'd trashed this file on my computer there'd be no problem. I use iTunes with regular backups to the Cloud (holds the last three backups) and Time Machine. But I'm uncertain how these operate to regularly backup files that only exist on the web.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 7:46 PM

If your Mac is signed into your iCloud account with Documents & Data syncing enabled, you can use Time Machine to recover a deleted Numbers file. To do this, open Finder and navigate to “~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~Numbers/Documents” (without the quotes) from the Go>Go to Folder menu. Then launch Time Machine, go back in time until you see your documents, then select them, click Restore and exit Time Machine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2014 7:46 PM in response to peterwhi

If your Mac is signed into your iCloud account with Documents & Data syncing enabled, you can use Time Machine to recover a deleted Numbers file. To do this, open Finder and navigate to “~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~Numbers/Documents” (without the quotes) from the Go>Go to Folder menu. Then launch Time Machine, go back in time until you see your documents, then select them, click Restore and exit Time Machine.

How can I recover an accidentally deleted file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.