Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set the iBooks soundtrack to be automatically on when opening an ePub formatted for iBooks?

I have created an ePub file for iBooks. Is there a way to set the soundtrack to be automatically on when the end user opens the file in iBooks? I have code to click and activate the "read to me" narration, but can't find out how to add code to click to activate the soundtrack with a button or hyperlink, or to set the soundtrack to be automatically on. Right now my file requires the user to go to the iBooks audio settings and turn on the soundtrack.

The code I used to activate the narration was:

<body>

<audio epub:type="ibooks:soundtrack" src="audio/page-00-sounds.mp4"/>

<div class="page003">

<!-- read aloud -->

<p class="read-aloud manual" ibooks:readaloud="startstop" ibooks:readaloud-turn-style="manual"><b>Read To Me <span class="arrow">&#x25b8;</span></b> Click here...</p>

- Thanks!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 7:53 PM

There are no replies.

Can I set the iBooks soundtrack to be automatically on when opening an ePub formatted for iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.