Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad air battery life is short only about 3 1/2 hours is this normal?

My ipad air battery life is short only about 3 1/2 hours is this normal? I thought it was to be a 10 hour battery? all I do is play a vegas slot game and check facebook once in a while I dont have music on here or a few pics anyone else?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 8:25 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Pinkee99

Hey Pinkee99,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing battery life issues with your iPad. The following resource may provide a solution:

Battery & power

Is your iPad battery draining too quickly or not holding a charge? Try restarting it first. You can also adjust several settings to extend the battery life of your iPad.

via iPad Battery and Power - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/battery-power/

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jul 11, 2014 7:40 AM in response to Pinkee99

Just to be totally clear, that is not even close to the amount of time that you should get out of a full charge. You should get "up to" 10 hours of battery life under ideal conditions. The article that matt00 referenced will provide some very good tips on how to get the most out of the battery, but be aware that if that is all that you are getting out of the battery, there is something wrong somewhere. It might be a software issue, and it could very well be a bad battery.

Perhaps some more details might provide more insight???

My ipad air battery life is short only about 3 1/2 hours is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.