Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What iOS version does refurbished iPod Touch 5th generation come with?

I would like to know what iOS version the refurbished iPod Touch 5th generation comes with.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FD723ZP/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-32gb-black-sl ate-5th-generation

The images of the iPod Touch seem to show that they have iOS 6 on them. But this doesn't count for the "Space Grey" color option as this shows that it has iOS 7.

Scrolling down the page "Built-in Apps" from "Features" mentions iOS 6.

"And iOS 6 adds to the mix with Siri, Facebook integration, Maps, Passbook and more."

I would also like to know the exact version number e.g. "iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 7.0.2"

Could the time of purchase affect this too? As in if purchased now (July, 2014), then the refurbished models are iOS 7 since the user of the iPods prior to reburbishing would've updated to the newest update which is iOS 7?

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 8:26 PM

Hey rs726, I think you have answered your own question, you have the link with the info. I'm thinking the photo used is just a stock photo, not necessarily current with the present iOS. You should ask Apple for the definitive answer, but if I remember correctly, you get the latest iOS. But I could be wrong. Hope this helps. Cheers.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2014 8:26 PM in response to rs726

Hey rs726, I think you have answered your own question, you have the link with the info. I'm thinking the photo used is just a stock photo, not necessarily current with the present iOS. You should ask Apple for the definitive answer, but if I remember correctly, you get the latest iOS. But I could be wrong. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Jul 9, 2014 2:02 AM in response to DICM1004

Not true. The latest iOS is installed when the iPod is actually refurbished by Apple. If a newer iOS version is released after it is refurbished Apple does not go back and update previously refurbished but not sold iPods.

DICM1004 wrote:

The refurbished iPod touch 5, came with iOS 7.1.2. Every time you get the refurbished iPod touch, the latest iOS version is included. And later this year, you can update to iOS 8 in September or October.

Jul 9, 2014 5:31 AM in response to rs726

You have 14 days to get a full refund.

I would expect the a refurbished 5G iPod touch to have ioS 7.x.x, not unlikely the latest, 7.1.2.

Whatever, you can just update the 5G to 7.1.2 but downgrading is not supported by Apple..

Refurbished iPod are only sold online but you can select it be shipped to a store for pickup.

I really do not understand your concern

Jul 10, 2014 2:16 AM in response to lllaass

OK well thank you for all your replies.

I guess this one answered it enough:

lllaass wrote:

Not true. The latest iOS is installed when the iPod is actually refurbished by Apple. If a newer iOS version is released after it is refurbished Apple does not go back and update previously refurbished but not sold iPods.

DICM1004 wrote:

The refurbished iPod touch 5, came with iOS 7.1.2. Every time you get the refurbished iPod touch, the latest iOS version is included. And later this year, you can update to iOS 8 in September or October.

What iOS version does refurbished iPod Touch 5th generation come with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.