Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the tempo on drums in Garage Band 10.0.2? Not tempo of project.

I need to change the tempo of the drums that came with Garage Band 10.0.2 to fit the tempo of the other tracks in my project. How can I do this? I don't want to change the tempo of the other tracks. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 9:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2014 9:54 PM in response to Cagu42

A drummer track follows the tempo of the project automatically. You can switch between different drummers, and change the drum pattern of the regions in the Track editor by dragging the puck around between simple or complex, louder soft.

But you can only adjust the beats per minute of the whole project, not for the drummer track individually.

If you want to change only the tempo of the drum track, you have to use a work around, for example export your finished drum track as an audio file with a different tempo and reimport it.

• silence all tracks but the drummer track.
  • set the tempo to a different value in the LED display.
  • Share the audio track to the disk.
  • Reset the tempo to normal and unsilence your other tracks.
  • Reimport the drum track.

How can I change the tempo on drums in Garage Band 10.0.2? Not tempo of project.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.